Friday, January 22, 2016

Ernest Goes to Micronesia

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

I last posted to my blog as I was nearing the completion of my 27 month assignment as a math teacher with the U.S. Peace Corps in Ghana, West Africa.  Since returning over two years ago, the time has gone by quickly and I have easily settled back into my home in Virginia Beach and resumed teaching at Saint Leo University.

A few months ago the Peace Corps invited me to join a team going to the Federated States of Micronesia, a country whose land area is made up of 607 small islands in the Western Pacific.  Our assignment is to assist villagers with typhoon damage restoration.  This time for 6 months.  So, on January 28th,  I will board a plane and if on schedule, arrive January 30th on the island of Pohnpei. After a few days of briefings, I will move to the island of Chuuk and begin working with villagers living on the small, outer islands.   

I am grateful for the opportunity to help and that my children are again supportive of "Dad's" adventure.  

2 comments:

  1. We miss you Ernie! We are so proud of your wonderful work! You are an inspiration to us all.
    Much affection, KBK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Family in Ghana are proud of you but we miss u more. stay bless our friend
    Michael,Roberta

    ReplyDelete