Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Proud to be an American

The contents of this website are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.

July 1st is a holiday celebrating the date in 1960 when Ghana declared itself  a Republic. Since the 1st fell on Sunday this year, Monday was the  holiday, so no school was held.  Today was a normal school day, except in the middle of my mathematics class on probability, we took a break,  I unfurled my American flag and we  had a short U.S. History lesson.  The students clapped and cheered and we took a moment to record the occasion with this picture.   That was my celebration of our Independence Day; no parade, no cook out and no fireworks.  But it was excellent and one I will remember.   Hope your celebration of our treasured Independence was just as meaningful 


No comments:

Post a Comment